Developing is important but not enough. We should pay attention to the way we manage projects. When a project requires more effectiveness, people often want to use agile. They treat this approach as an antidote to all their problems. But is it true? What does it really mean to be agile?
Be ready to change
The main purpose of this presentation is to show you how to experiment with this methodology to gain better results. Check out how it works at Sunscrapers!
Przemek gives you the examples of main problems during implementation of agile project management and shows you the best means to solve them. The presentation slides can be found here.
It’s Time to Refresh the Agile Manifesto
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
Do not forget Kanban and Scrum methodologies
Agile related disciplines:
- Software craftsmanship
- Visualize your work
- Limit work in progress
- Maximize throughput
- 2-3 weeks sprints
- Planning session before sprint
- Review/demo session after sprint
- Daily scrum
- Test-driven development
- Pair programming
- Continuous integration
- Collective Code Ownership
- Not only working software, but also well-crafted software
- Not only responding to change, but also steadily adding value
- Not only individuals and interactions, but also a community of professionals
- Not only customer collaboration, but also productive partnerships
What about working remotely?
Remote team members:
- Manager of one
- Video/voice conferences
- Joining them into scrum routine
- Engaging them to company development
- Video streaming of the whole office
Przemek’s talk from PyCon PL 2013.
Slides available at: https://speakerdeck.com/haxoza/droga-wyjscia-z-chaosu-pycon-pl-2013