Netlify is a web development platform that provides a set of tools and services for building, deploying, and managing web applications. It is often used in conjunction with static site generators, such as Gatsby, Next.js, and Jekyll, but can also be used to deploy dynamic applications built with technologies such as React, Vue, and Angular.
Netlify provides a set of features that help developers build, deploy, and manage their web applications, including:
- Continuous deployment, which automatically deploys new updates to the live site as soon as they are pushed to the Git repository.
- Automatic SSL certification, which provides a secure connection for your site.
- Custom domains, which allow you to use your own domain name for your site.
- Global CDN, which ensures fast delivery of your site to users around the world.
- Forms, which allow you to add forms to your site without having to set up a backend.
- Analytics, which provides insights into how users are interacting with your site. Netlify also provides a set of collaboration features, such as team management and role-based access control, making it easy to work with other developers on a project.
Overall, Netlify is a popular choice among developers and businesses who want to build and deploy fast, scalable, and secure web applications without the need to manage servers or infrastructure. It's also a great option for developers who use static site generators, and it is also a great fit for Jamstack architecture.