Yii is an open-source web application framework written in PHP. It is designed to simplify the development of web 2.0 applications and is built on the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern. Some of its features include:
- support for AJAX-enabled widgets
- built-in authentication and authorization
- support for scaffolding, which allows for the rapid generation of code for common web application components
- support for caching, which can improve the performance of web applications
- built-in support for working with databases, including the ability to generate code for working with database tables
- built-in support for testing, which makes it easier to ensure that your code is working correctly It is a high-performance, component-based PHP framework for developing large-scale Web applications. Yii is pronounced as ""Yee"" or [ji:] and in Chinese, it means ""simple and evolutionary"" and it can help you write clean and maintainable code.